Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dessert Dilema

No sugar?! Dessert is without a doubt our most favorite part of any meal. This whole eating healthy has caused me to do a little research on healthy sweets and here is what I've found.

Banana Ice Cream in 1 step! Yes 1 step!


This was pretty amazing.. All you need for two people is 3 to 4 ripe bananas. I cut them up into bite size pieces and popped them into the freezer. Once the banana pieces are frozen toss them all into a food proccessor and chop for a good minute or two and vioala! Banana ice cream! The frozen bananas seriously turn into ice cream. I couldn't believe it and it was so easy. Add a teaspoon of honey or a tablespoon of peanut butter for an added flavor and serve.




Raspberry Sorbet

All you need here is orange juice and frozen raspberries. Pour the orange juice into a ice cube try and freeze. Once frozen toss the orange juice cubes along with a bag of frozen raspberries into the trusty food proccessor and in no time at all you have raspberry sorbet. I recommend letting the orange juice ice cubes melt slightly before you put them in the food proccessor. In my case I just added a tad bit more orange juice as it chopped.

As I find more easy to make easy for you recipes I will be sure to share! Eating healthy doesnt mean you have to skip out on your favorite part of the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment