Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Give Me 2 Steps, Give Me 2 Steps Mister...

...give me 2 steps towards the door! Or in our case the coffee table :) Adalyn took two steps yesterday! I think she did it purely on accident and it scared both her and I. She was standing up holding onto her walker and took two steps to the coffee table! I am definately not ready for her to be such a big girl  :(

Speaking of being such a big girl, today is her 9 month birthday! Where in the world did 9 months go?! I'd like to take a minute and reflect:













Now if that doesnt give you baby fever I dont know what else will! I seriously don't know where 9 months went. I wish I could rewind and live it all over again. Adalyn is such a smart baby and amazes me everyday with the things she learns. It is so neat to watch her brain work as she mimics the things I do. The past couple nights have been rough sleep wise. Little miss is getting another tooth on the top and boy does it hurt! I think she was up every three hours last night. Good news is that she is still in her crib! Yay for Mommy and Daddy! She has the bed time routine down pat. Repetition is key and she loves brushing her teeth. She puckers up her lips and waits for me to wipe her mouth and then goes in for a goodnight kiss :) I don't even have to ask for it anymore! That's how smart she is!

The past couple of weeks she has been trying to talk! Her vocabulary now consists of "Mama" "Dada" "Baba" (she doesnt have a bottle so im assuming this is just baby jibberish!) and of course shakes her head NO! We are definately in trouble with that one.

A little over a week ago we met some new people! Scott has a new troop and he and his wife have an 18 month old baby girl named Kynzlee. She is adorable! We have hung out a few times already and Megan is one of those people you feel like you've known your whole life. God definately has blessed us with them! It's hard to have friends that don't have kids because you (well I) always feel guilty if Adalyn cries or wines or throws a fit or needs to eat. I'm always apologizing and feel like we are an inconvenience. It's nice when others have been in your same shoes and can relate to the feeling. (Don't get me wrong, I love you Jessica Tripp and Rachel Manwarren!) And they are the same age as us so that always helps! Adalyn and I both need to start interacting with others more often. We are starting to get cabin fever from being inside all winter!!

MEET KYNZLEE

Yes, She's a bow head too! Don't judge us. Our kids are just too cute!

Anywhoo, Adalyn and I are looking forward to warm weather. The zoo is calling our names! And of course the pool, the waterpark, the park, the outdoor malls, cookouts, long walks on the katy trail and much much more! P.S. I only have three months left to plan this birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment