Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Decorating on a Budget!

I LOVE love love pictures! I am always taking them. We get adalyn's done every three months. Her milestone photos for the first year. We go to JCPenny every time because we have a portrait membership with them. The membership was a one time fee of $30 and then we get free sittings for two years. The sittings are $10 a person so it definately pays for itself right away! Then I always use a coupon that lets me mix and match from the options of 8 x 10, 10 x 13, (2) 5 x 7, a sheet of wallets, and some other options. These are all $3.99 a sheet. Overall we end up spending around $40-$50 each time and I get a lot of pictures to send to relatives and friends. With the extras I found some $2 picture frames at dollar general and I've been putting them up all over the house.



This little collage in her nursey cost me $18 (photos and frames) and it adds so much to her room! 


I finally transformed the upstairs wall in the hallway into this little number :)
A combination of things gathered over the years. Up in the top left hand corner is a framed piece of artwork that sam drew for Scott. I'm pretty sure it's the B-2 Spirit of Indiana. I LOVE framed artwork. I have two pieces of artwork that Adalyn created when we finger painted at Christmas time that are waiting for frames and to be put on the downstairs living room wall.  


You can always check out websites such as SHUTTERFLY and VISTAPRINT for great deals on prints. They are always giving away free prints and photo gifts. I filled a whole entire photo album of the first 3 months of Adalyn's life from the free prints I got off of shutterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment