Saturday, March 12, 2011

Friction and Fords

Daddy got a new truck! We finally got another vehicle since turning in my lease. Nothing special, just an old F150 work truck. You know my hubsand though, he'll make it pretty in no time. He's already talking about tires, a new bench seat, bed liner, tailgate, etc. etc. He definately loves his cars.

Here is Adalyn about to take it for a spin!


Or so she thinks!



What else is new in the world of Adalyn you might ask? Well her hair is finally starting to grow. Check out the friction hair after her morning nap!


I told her she looked like she got struck by lightening. Silly girl. Yesterday we spent most of the day walking around the house. She got a new walking toy a few weeks ago and has really gotten the hang of doing it by herself. Even though she has been eating "grown up" food for a few months now we started third foods today. She really loved the broccoli and carrots with cheese and the chicken and noodle dinner. We also discovered the gerber dices


The carrots were okay but the apples in grape juice were a huge hit! They were completely sold out last time we went to the store and lucky us they just restocked them right before we hit the baby food isle. These pre-diced fruits and veggies are super convenient when I am in a hurry and don't have time to cut up a banana or cook a vegetable. I also enjoy how she still gets to eat apple, but I dont have to worry about her choking on some skin or being able to chew it up well enough to get it down. These dices are very soft and since they are soaked in white grape juice they taste even better! OKay okay I was eating them too. We also graduated to size 4 diapers! She can still fit into the size 3 but her little plumbers crack is usually free for the world to see.

Today was another beautiful day. Adalyn and I headed down to Cole Camp to do a little antique shopping. She did so well in the stores and didnt try to touch anything. I was a very proud momma :)
We ended up buying a red star for the front of the house. It was looking a little bare without the holiday wreaths that have been hanging up. I still havent found my old dutch oven that I have been looking for, but I did see a cast iron skillet I might have to go back and snag. I could spend hours in antique stores. Hours and hours and hours.... gotta love em.

It's only Saturday but I hope you all had/dave a wonderful weekend and a blessed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment