Monday, October 4, 2010

"Oh Say Can You See..."


Daddy finally got his stripe! Congratulations to my amazing husband who is now SSgt Marchbank. We are so very proud of him and he worked harder than any other person in the Air Force to get this recent promotion. Scott invited Adalyn and I to attend the promotion ceremony last week. I really wanted to go and he said it was alright to bring Adalyn. The ceremony was at 3:30pm and he told us to arrive early to make sure we got a seat. We got to the club around 3:10 and there were already people claiming their spots. After adalyns morning nap I kept her up thinking she'd fall asleep in the car on the way and take her afternoon nap while the ceremony was going on. BOY was I wrong. She woke up on the way into the club and I tried to rock her back asleep in the carseat. That wasn't working so I let her sit on my lap. In the recent weeks she has learned she has a voice and loves to use that voice. Adalyn was doing so well until the singing of the National Anthem which is when she decided she would be the one to sing everyone the National Anthem. Needless to say we had to vacate the ballroom and watch the ceremony from afar. She talked the ENTIRE time the ceremony was going on. I would sneak over to watch through the glass door and the second she saw all the men and women in uniform, jabber jaws kicked back in! At one point she was "talking" and laughing so loud we had to actually go outside. We did however get to see daddy accept his award and get his picture taken with the General... through a glass door of course. Someone out in the lobby told me "You can't be mad at her for being happy!" Ain't that the truth. We have the most happy baby in the world and she continues to be such a blessing in our lives. We miss you all and cant wait to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment